Course Attended in Jamia: B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering(1985-1989)
- Co-founder & Chief Operating Officer of Calance Software
- Mr. Sunil Chopra is a 1989 Mechanical Engineering batch passout from the Faculty of Engineering and Technology, Jamia Millia Islamia and MBA from IIM Lucknow.
- He started his career with Modi Xerox in 1991 where he was one of the most successful senior sales team members in the country with national recognition. He followed that with an equally distinguished stint with Nokia Mobile phones, leading sales and marketing for half the country and Bangladesh. Next, in his role as HR leader for the Retail Finance Business at GE, he was quickly identified as an ‘A’ player and provided global exposure in a very short period of time. His next assignment was as one of the youngest CEOs in Telecom industry. He worked with Shyam group, starting off from scratch, which is now MTS with USD $3 Billion plus valuation.
- His last corporate stint was as the Director and Country Head for Sapient Technologies– a global technology consulting firm based out of US.
- Subsequently Mr. Chopra became an entrepreneur and now is Co-founder and Director for Calance Software and Spruce People Consulting which are engaged in Technology consulting and Executive Search for Global 500 clients. He has had extensive global travel and business experience.
- Sunil is a guest speaker and faculty at various leading forums in India which focus on E-governance initiatives as well career counseling. He has been invited as distinguished speaker at some of the leading events that address providing benefits of Govt. schemes to the rural population across the country.